Dauphin Way United Methodist Church Seminary Scholarship Program Purpose:
The purpose of the Dauphin Way United Methodist Church Seminary Scholarship Program is to provide financial support for students from the Alabama-West Florida Conference who are pursuing ordination and fulltime ministry within the bounds of the Annual Conference.
1. Fulltime, residential student at a United Methodist seminary or Asbury Theological Seminary.
2. A certified candidate in the Alabama-West Florida Conference.
3. Plans to pursue ordination and fulltime ministry within the bounds of the Alabama-West Florida Conference.
4. Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
Stipends are normally awarded on an annual basis, in July of each year. Stipends are between $1500-$2500 per semester based on the number of applicants, for no more than six semesters. Stipends are renewed on annual basis based upon cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher. Transcripts must be submitted at the end of the academic year with a written request to continue in the scholarship program. Transcripts and renewal requests are due no later than mid July of each year.
To apply for a stipend from the Dauphin Way United Methodist Church Seminary Scholarship Program, submit the following information no later than mid July of each year:
1. Cover letter and personal statement including the following: call to ministry, status in the candidacy process, seminary plans, commitment to full time ordained ministry within the Alabama-West Florida Conference, and any other scholarships ($2000 or greater) you are currently receiving. Include contact information and email address.
2. Official college transcript, if not yet enrolled in seminary; or official seminary transcript including most recent class work.
3. Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an ordained clergyperson from the Alabama-West Florida Conference.
All material, including cover letter and personal statement, transcript, and recommendations must be received by mid July of each year, in order to be considered. Award notifications will be sent beginning August 1. All correspondence should be sent to:
Dauphin Way United Methodist Church Senior Pastors
1507 Dauphin Street
Mobile, AL 36604